A Rough Day

A Rough Day

Today has been a rough day. As my recovery from surgery drags on, I have more energy but nothing to expend that energy on. I can't clean. I can't decorate. I can't fold alllllll of my clothes that are on my new-to-me round chair and then put them away. All I can do is sit here and look at the chaos around me. I would go work out, but I can't. I don't know where my tennis shoes are and have looked to the best of my ability. It will take digging further into my closet or looking under the bed to find them, I think. So, I think of all these things I can't do, try to stay positive about the things I can do, but today the toll has taken its place on me mentally.

I have discovered that while I may be an introvert, I am also definitely an extrovert. I believe my daughter called this an ambiavert (or something like that). I have limited human contact. I'm asleep when my husband leaves and then he doesn't get home until around 6 or so. Then he has school work, Army work, a meeting for one of his many service clubs, or work in the garage to do. When he's done, he sits in his chair and promptly falls asleep. So much for human conversation. People were not created to not have human contact. All it does is feed the depression I fight on a daily basis. I feel as if no one understands. I am secluded out on the farm and not able to go for walks (back to the shoe issue as well as unlevel ground issue), no visitors (due to the roughness of our driveway), absolutely nothing but my dogs. 

I'm keeping this post short as I am being nothing but negative. Here's hoping tomorrow I can find the joy to keep on living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Good Day For All

Sleepless Nights and NSVs