A Good Day For All

Kansas City Chiefs - Super Bowl Champions 2020
Charlie Neibergall/Associated Press



Super Bowl LIV

Tonight we watched the Super Bowl at some good friends' house, ate some good food (I just stuck with a chicken nacho sauce and chips), and watched our Kansas City Chiefs bring home victory! I am proud of our Missouri teams with their wins; first the Stanley Cup with the St. Louis Blues and now the KC Chiefs with the Super Bowl. I had a busy day with grocery shopping, making dip, and then the game. It is 10:30 pm and I'm tired, but not in the amount of pain I've been in the past few weeks since my surgery. I call this a win! 

Meredith the Artist

We got pictures this morning from Rebekah. It seems that Meredith was supposed to be napping or at least having quiet time on her bed today; however, when she went to check on Meredith she found a budding artist on her hands. The look of pride Meredith has in her picture just tugs at your heart! How can you get mad at a toddler who draws such beautiful pictures and is proud of the art she has done?? Rebekah definitely takes after her dad in this area. My initial response if this had been the kids would be to get upset, but Richard would take the laid back attitude of "it's only a wall and it can be re-painted." That is the attitude Meredith's parents took with her. I'm proud of them to realize that they shouldn't quash the pride of her work, but to praise the wonderful drawing--and reminding her we don't draw on walls. I have always envied that laid back attitude, and have worked on having one over the years. I'm finally achieving that goal. It hasn't come easy, but 21 years of teaching middle school/junior high and raising two children has definitely helped me work on the goal. 
Meredith (age 2.5) and her art work



Choose Joy

Tomorrow begins a new week for me. It is week 5 in my recovery and it is time to get on that treadmill and start walking. I need to build my stamina for when I go back to work, and start working on my core. I tried to make wise choices in food today. I didn't have much in the way of water, so I'm sucking some down now. I hope Monday proves to be just as good of a day as today. Either way, I will choose joy and keep moving forward. I have to for my own sanity and health. I'm done with being sick and weak all of the time. It is past time for me to take control of my life. I will always and forever choose joy. 


      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Rough Day

Sleepless Nights and NSVs